Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sharing the Joy

I wish I could bottle what was on those two faces Friday night. They were so excited about what they had seen, heard and learned.

Two young men in our congregation want to pursue careers in law enforcement. One just finished his first year in a college criminal justice program and the other leaves next month for the Army.

Austin witnessed two arrests and Adam was in a high speed pursuit. They want to ride again and are even more determined to seek careers in law enforcement.

It is invigorating to be around young people who are excited about learning and the future.

Looking at the world between a camera and a radar for ten years has tinted that vision I once had. I still want to minister to officers and learn from them. I don’t look forward to high speed chases anymore, but I am a little bit of “an adrenaline junkie.” I still look forward to the future, yet I’m a little concerned about the road that will take me there.

No comments: