Thursday, June 22, 2006

By the Grace of God

As I look between the camera and radar, I realize that as my experience with law enforcement brings balance to my life and ministry. Still, I need to keep all things in balance.

I often hear officers quote the television character Berretta. The tough guy cop often said, “Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.” Not bad advice. Law enforcement is about justice. We should have justice.

Our God is just. He does what is right. At the same time, is love and grace.

This evening at Lake James Christian Assembly, I spoke to the 8th & 9th grade campers about a sinful woman who came to Jesus. She came to express her love by pouring perfume on him and washing his feet with her tears.

The by-standers wanted justice. Our just God had other intentions.

Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." (Luke 7:48)

I think the campers benefited from learning about God’s grace. We had 12 decisions out of 50 campers. Four want to follow Christ and be baptized; eight committed themselves to full-time Christian service.

It is my prayer that the reminder is a benefit to you, as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»